PurpleTutor offers Web Development online courses that engage kids in a variety of creative, fun activities and master the art of coding. We are proud to offer this exclusive level-based, detailed and easy-to-understand course for Web Development and see your kids creating their own websites at the end of our web development full course.
What is Website Development for Kids?
What will you learn in the course?
It would often be great to see the results of kids’ own creativity through the use of technology. Check out how PurpleTutor’s web development online courses will give your child a know-how in web design. Students in the course learn:
- Basics of what a website is and its working.
- Code using HTML, CSS, and other programming languages that are used to build websites.
- Explore visual tools by using web design tools that use a visual interface.
- Design concepts for good web design, such as layout, colour theory, and typography.
- Use their creativity in their web design thereby developing problem-solving skills.
- Publish the completed website online for others to see it.
And above all, we encourage them to experiment and play around with different design elements to find what works best for them. Web development should be fun for students, and they would feel proud of themselves when they publish their own Webpage design.
The website development course at PurpleTutor is divided into two categories, depending on the age of your child you can select the course:
Young Learners – For 10 to 11 years old
Kids learn how to create websites by writing code in HTML commands. By using CSS style rules, they add design elements to the website. The students learn how to add and style images to enhance the webpage. Cybersecurity module exposes students to techniques on how to use the internet safely. After completing the course, students will have the opportunity to create their own personal websites, which will be ready for hosting.
Early Achievers – For 12 to 15 years old
Benefits of Web Development for Kids
Due to digitisation, building and maintaining a website has become critical for businesses. Web development is a fast-growing field, and learning about it can provide kids with valuable knowledge and skills that can be applied in many different contexts.
Teaching coding and web development have a number of benefits. It helps kids gain cognitive skills for a lifetime. Since creating a website involves a lot of planning, designing, creativity, testing, etc. it helps kids and students to think logically. Also, in the process of building the website, there would be many problems that would arise which allow kids to think of different ways to solve them.
Learning web development helps your child learn transferable skills. The challenges they face while building something can help them learn resilience and the ability to think out of the box. Kids can learn to overcome obstacles and develop a sense of confidence and self-esteem. Another important skill is communication. Kids have to instruct a computer very specifically in order for it to perform a task. Web development teaches kids to be thorough and accurate.
Finally, this overall learning and exercise develop a winning personality of your child.
Web Development vs Web Design
For example, a web designer might create a button, a web developer ensures that some actions happen when the button is clicked. Both fields are functionally different, but they work together to create the website.
Languages for Website Development
There are many different languages used for website development. Some of the common languages used for web development for kids include –
- CSS – CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a text-based coding language used for defining the styles and formatting of web page content. CSS allows developers to define things like fonts, colours, margins, and other styles that determine how a web page looks and operates
- Python –It is one of the most popular programming languages as it is easy for beginners to learn. It is used in developing 2D and 3D animation. Python is used for scientific and computational applications like FreeCAD and Abacus. It is a language used by many popular websites like Instagram, YouTube, Quora, Pinterest, etc.
Web Development Courses for Kids
The courses are divided into two categories, depending on the age of your child you can select the course:
For 9 to 11 years old
Kids learn to create websites by writing code in HTML commands. They add design elements to the website using CSS language. During the cybersecurity module, the students will explore the safe techniques to be followed while working on the internet.
For 11 to 15 years old
Web Development Careers for Kids
There are further hosts of career options for the web development field, such as –
- Web designer
- User experience (UX) designer
- UI designer
- Front-end developer
- Back-end developer
- Full-stack developer
- Digital marketer
- Technical writer
- Project manager
And many more.
Course Accessibility, Duration & Certificate
Our web development courses online are suitable for the age groups from 10 to 11 years. PurpleTutor has designed the best Website development course – “YOUNG LEARNERS COURSE” for the kids who fall under the age group of 10 and 11. The course will be taught in 40 sessions, each lasting one hour. Upon completing 10 sessions, students will be familiar with basic concepts of web design using HTML and CSS. Students will start learning advanced concepts of web design which will make them familiar in creating forms, lists, tables, transitions and animations. The web development full course concludes with 40 sessions, allowing students to publish their own website on PurpleTutor domain. They will be thereby eligible to receive a web development course completion certificate at the end.
Requirements for the Course
To take our Web Development course, students do not need to have any coding knowledge.
- There are no coding prerequisites since the Web Development course will start with the very basics before moving on to the core concepts.
- It is necessary to have a laptop or computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection to take our online Web Development course.
“Catch them young and ignite their minds”, this famous quote by Swami Vivekananda has inspired many parents to utilise their child’s valuable time in the best possible way. Teaching them web development not only strengthens their future, but also transforms their personality. Overall, it is a fun and engaging way to help them develop a range of important skills and competencies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I try a free class for coding?
A: Yes. The first demo class is free of charge. You can book the free class from the booking link.
2. Is the Web development Course schedule flexible?
A: The courses are flexible. You can select any time and any day that works around your child’s schedule.
3. How do I know whether a Web development online course is right for my kid?
A: The teachers assess the level of the student in the demo class based on which the course is suggested.
4. Will my child receive a certificate after the completion of the web development full course?
A: Students get certificates after completion of each course. The certificate recognizes the skills the student learned, and the level of mastery achieved.
5. What do you require to learn web development coding from PurpleTutor?
A: You need a laptop/computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection.
6. What are the courses that PurpleTutor offers?
A: PurpleTutor provides Cutting edge courses to make your child’s future ready. We have courses like – Python, Web Development, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cyber Security, & Roblox Games.
7. What level will my kid reach in coding after completing your Web Development course?
A: Kids learn everything about Web Development coding that exists in their courses like basic programming concepts, algorithms, sequencing and then writing code to solve puzzles, projects and geometric patterns. According to the Web Development course that they have undertaken, they will learn as per the curriculum.