Data Structures in Python Courses
What are Data Structures in Python?
Python is one of the most widely used programming languages in the world today. Many popular applications have been developed using Python such as Google, Instagram, Youtube, Quora, to name a few. Python is also one of the top web-development languages – Django, an open-source framework for backend web applications is based on Python. As such, every aspiring software professional wishes to learn Python. Data structures are a very important part of Data Science and Python programming is a great way to learn the same.
PurpleTutor has many different Python online courses for different categories of school students depending on their age and prior knowledge of Python. We have beginner to advanced level courses. While the beginner level courses start from the very basics of core programming concepts and the Python language, the advanced level Python courses enable students to explore the language in greater depth. The advanced level courses cover topics such as Python data structures and algorithms for managing them. A data structure is a specialized format for organizing, processing, retrieving and storing data. There are several basic, for example – int, float and advanced types of data structures for example – linked list, binary search tree. These are all designed to arrange data to suit a specific purpose. Data structures make it easy for users to access and work with the data they need in appropriate ways.
PurpleTutor offers an interesting Python programming course which specifically covers the data structures used in Python. Students will explore the various Python data structures, basic and advanced, such as string, list, dictionary, set, tuple, stack, and queue. Students will learn when to implement them, how to create them, their usage and application – for example – how the tuple data structure is used by the Python Open CV (Computer Vision) library to represent pixels in an image.
For a student wishing to understand data structures in Python, our course is a great choice.
What will you learn in the Python Data Structures course?
Our Python Data Structures course is for students falling in the age group of 15 years and above.
Age group: 15+ years – Young Professionals Course (YP)
In the course:
- Students will explore advanced data structures of Python namely lists, dictionaries, tuples, strings, stacks and queues. They will write code to create these data structures.
- They will learn how to store, access and manipulate the data in the data structures.
- Students will analyze problems in real world scenarios, and will solve these problems by determining which of the data structures are best suited to that problem.
- Students will then learn how to code the solutions using various Python library functions and popular industry algorithms.
- sorting data with different sort algorithms using a list data structure
- finding the shortest way out of a maze using the queue data structure
- converting conventional arithmetic expressions to machine-readable form, for speedy processing using a stack data structure.
To sum it up, in our course, these and several other interesting puzzles will be solved by students to help them master the intricacies of data structures in Python.
Watch this interesting video on the list data structure in python:
Benefits of taking the Python Data Structures course?
Data structures and algorithms are the building blocks of Python. A student will greatly benefit from enrolling in our Python Data Structures course, considering these facts –
- Learning data structures and algorithms through our course will help a student become a better programmer.
- Given an in-depth understanding of data structures enables the student to write code that is more efficient and more reliable.
- Learning data structures teaches a student a way to think better. It is a skill that will help them throughout their student life and future career in great ways.
- A strong foundation in data structures will help students to crack future interviews in their prospective career, since questions on the same are common with interviewers.
- Our Python course provides the student with ample practice on data structures, through tasks and projects based on real world problems and scenarios.
Age 15+ years (Young Professionals)
PurpleTutor offers the Python Data Structures course for students of age 15+ years called the Young Professionals Course (YP).
In this course, the students will reinforce their knowledge of the core Python programming concepts in the first 11 sessions. They will get hands-on experience on activities to apply their understanding of basic data types, conditionals, loops, typecasting, basic data types, functions and variables.The next 29 sessions will cover the advanced data structures and algorithms for managing them.
You can explore the Python Data Structures course content for the YP course for ages 15+ years, here –
Age Group 15+Years
Python Data Structures – Young Professionals Course (YP)
Advanced level course – 40 sessions
|In this module, the students will reinforce their knowledge of the core Python programming concepts. They will get hands-on experience on activities to apply their understanding of basic data types, conditionals, loops, typecasting, basic data types, functions and variables.|
|1||Communication with the computer – Basic Python Commands|
|2||Communication with the computer – Basic data types, variables and typecasting|
|3 & 4||Conditionals|
|5 & 6||Loops and Iterations|
|7, 8 & 9||Functions|
|Python Data Structures – I|
|In this module, the students will explore advanced data structures of Python namely lists, dictionaries, tuples, strings, stacks and queues. they will be given practice to write code on how to manipulate data in these data structures using python functions.|
|12 & 13||Strings|
|14 & 15||Lists|
|18 & 19||Sets|
|20 & 21||Dictionaries|
|Python Data Structures – II|
|In this module, the students will learn how to search and sort data using python functions. Binary and Linear search algorithms will be explained for searching elements. Insertion and bubble sort algorithms will be explored to sort data.|
|24 & 25||Searching|
|27, 28 & 29||Sorting|
|31 & 32||Stacks|
|33 & 34||Application of stacks|
|35, 36 & 37||Queue|
|38 & 39||Application of queues|
To download the detailed Python Data Structures (YP) course content for ages 15+ years, click here!
Apart from the Python Data Structures course for YP level students (ages 15+ years), we offer other great beginner to advanced level Python courses too. These are age-appropriate courses which are designed to cater to students age from 9 years and onwards:
Age Group: 9 to 11 Years – Young Learners Course (YL)
Introduction to Python Programming course
To download the detailed Introduction to Python Programming(YL) course content for ages 9-11 years, click here!
Advanced Python Programming course
To download the detailed Advanced Python Programming(YL) course content for ages 9-11 years, click here!
Age Group: 12 to 15 Years – Early Achievers Course (EA)
Introduction to Python Programming course
To download the detailed Introduction to Python Programming(EA) course content for ages 12-15 years, click here!
Advanced Python Programming course
To download the detailed Advanced Python Programming(EA) course content for ages 12-15 years, click here!
Course Duration & Certificate
Course Duration – The Python Data Structures – YP course for ages 15+ years consists of 40 sessions. Every session runs for an hour. The total duration is 40 hours.
Certificate – There will be a certificate awarded to the student on completion of the course. The certificate recognises the skills the student learnt and the level of mastery achieved.
Requirements for the course
- To take our course, it would be good to have some basic knowledge of Python concepts such as variables, data-types, loops and iterations. If not, then our course does start with a review of the basics.
- The student should have a laptop or computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection to attend our Python online classes.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I try a free class for coding?
A: Yes, the first demo class is free of charge. You can book the free class from the booking link.
2. How can I book the free demo class?
A: You can book the free class from the booking link.
3. What are the days/timing of the course?
A: The days and timings of the course are flexible. Any time and any day that fits into the student’s schedule can be selected.
4. What is the duration of the course?
A: The Python Data Structures course consists of 40 sessions. Each session is of one hour duration.
5. Can a student understand and learn Python data structures easily?
A: Our tutorial classes are conducted in a way that even kids can understand and learn easily. Also, Python is a programmer-friendly language, and it is not difficult to learn Python.
6. What about a certificate? Will the student receive a certificate on completion of the Python course?
A: The student will get a certificate after completion of the course. The certification recognises the skills the student learnt and the level of mastery achieved.
7. What does a student need to know before starting the Python training from PurpleTutor?
A: The student simply needs a laptop/computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection, for learning Python with us.
8. Will a student be able to code independently after completion of this course?
A: Yes. Our course is designed to build confidence in Python coding by encouraging the student to make projects and games.
9. What are the courses that PurpleTutor offers?
A: PurpleTutor offers courses in Web Development, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cyber Security, Space Tech and Roblox Games. We also offer Math courses.