Space Technology & Science Courses
What is Space Technology?
Space technology is an exciting and fascinating field that has captured the imaginations of people of all ages, including children. Through the best Space Technology courses, kids can now learn about space science, space missions, rocket science, space programs, and even create their own space-themed animation. They can learn about different career paths available to them, including becoming a rocket scientist, astronaut, or engineer. Learning Space Science through Space Science course at an early age can develop a passion for science and technology that can last a lifetime. PurpleTutor’s Space Technology Course make the kids explore space in a fun and engaging way.
Using Scratch programming and TinkerCAD to explore space technology, kids can be inspired to pursue careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields. Through our Space Technology course kids can create their own space-themed games, simulations, and animations. TinkerCAD is a free, online 3D design and modeling tool that can be used to create 3D models of spacecraft, satellites, and other space-related objects. With TinkerCAD, kids can learn about the design and construction of spacecraft, including the various components and systems that are required for a successful space mission.
By engaging with space science at an early age, kids can develop a passion for science and technology that can last a lifetime. Who knows, maybe one day, they will be the ones to send the first humans to Mars!
What you will learn in the course?
During our Space Science and Technology course, a remarkable degree of attention and skills will be gained by the students while building complex 2D & 3D models using Scratch coding, TinkerCAD and Roblox Studio based on the age group. They will get a chance to demonstrate creative thinking skills and wonderful spatial visualization while exploring the futuristic projects undertaken by SpaceX and NASA.
PurpleTutor’s Space Technology Course is designed for three levels based on the age group.
Age 6 to 8 Years (Lil Champs Course)
- Exploration of the planets in the Solar System, gravity comparison, black hole etc,
- Learning gravity comparison as well as a Solar System Simulation project in Scratch using block based coding.
- Understanding the birth of the moon and the reason behind its phases and building of Virtual Eclipse Animation through Scratch coding.
- Knowing Space Gadgets and Instruments, its applications
- Science behind telescopes, satellites and Rocket launching and fundamental concepts involved, through a number of activities in 3D model building through TinkerCAD
- Exploration of International Space Station and NASA’s famous missions by building projects in Scratch as well as TinkerCAD.
- Building of complex models -Apollo’s Space Lander , Aliens , Human Astronauts as well as Animal Astronauts etc in TinkerCAD.
- Modelling of unknown territory by building 3D terrains and Habitat challenge in TinkerCAD.
Age 9 to 11 Years (Young Learners Course)
- Science behind Rocket launching and the fundamental concepts involved
- Experiment the complete process involved in Rocket Launching by making own 3D Rocket Model and deploying the satellite into space.
- Differentiate between Natural and manmade satellites that keep floating in space.
- Studying and 3D Modelling of Satellite and Telescopes
- Exploration of various modules in International Space Station and building own module
- Knowing various Space Job Opportunities and qualifications required to become a Space Scientist.
- Exploration of our Cosmic Neighbour Mars by building 3D terrains and Habitat challenge in Roblox.
- Simulation of Artemis missions to return humans to the surface of the Moon.
- Building 3D terrains and colonize MARS
Age 12 to 15 Years (Early Achievers Course)
- Exploring the fundamental concepts involved in rocket launching through a variety of activities.
- Experimenting with Rocket Launching Techniques by making their 3D Rocket Models and then deploying satellites into space.
- Understanding the importance and working of Satellite and building a 3D Satellite Model
- Kowing the purpose and science behind Telescopes and building a 3D model of a James Web Space Telescope in Roblox.
- Handle the real satellite images and visually experienced the result of analysis in Google Earth Engine
- Exploration of various modules in International Space Station
- Discovering various Space job opportunities and Qualifications for Becoming a Space Scientist
- Complete study of Apollo missions through simulation
- Experimenting Martian Terrain, building Rovers and colonies on Mars
Overall students will discover their passion in the field of Space Technology by learning about some of the most ambitious and futuristic projects taken up by SpaceX and other Space Research Organizations
Check out PurpleTutor’s free Scratch classes online for beginners!
Benefits of learning Space Technology
Right from building recyclable space rockets to enabling space tourism for laymen, Earthlings are now set off to becoming multi-planetary beings. We offer one of the best Space Technology courses for kids that can provide several benefits, including:
- Inspires curiosity and imagination: Space technology can inspire kids’ curiosity and imagination about the universe.
- Develops critical thinking and problem-solving skills: Solving complex problems in space technology requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Enhances STEM knowledge: Space technology involves science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Learning about space technology can help kids develop their STEM knowledge and skills.
- Promotes teamwork and collaboration: Space missions involve teamwork and collaboration among scientists, engineers, and astronauts. Working together and collaborating with others can be taught to kids through space technology.
- Inspires future career choices: Space technology can stimulate interest in STEM fields, such as engineering, astronomy, and space exploration.
- Teaching life skills: Space technology requires attention to detail, discipline, and perseverance. Space technology can teach kids important life skills they can apply to other aspects of their lives.
AGE 6 TO 8 YEARS (LIL CHAMPS COURSE)
The Space Technology course initial phase begins with students exploring about the cosmos, solar system, planets, moons, and outer space objects. Students will be involved in learning the working of telescope, Satellite Communication and its Application, Science behind Rocket Launches and NASA’s famous Space Missions. Final stage of Space Technology Course will include knowing the life of astronauts and how to get involved with NASA , Exploration and learning basic Rocket Science principles needed for colonizing Mars. Scratch programming and TinkerCAD will be used throughout the course for the projects.
Before starting Space Technology, students who are new to Scratch can take a 10 session Scratch Crash course.
|1 & 2||What’s beyond the Sky|
|3 & 4||3D Globe|
|5 & 6||Galactic Tour|
|8 & 9||Auroras|
|10||Phases of Moon|
|11 &12||Eclipses and seasons|
|13||Terrors of the Space|
|14 & 15||Sc-fi game|
|17 & 18||Telescopes|
|19 & 20||Satellite Communication|
|21 & 22||Rocket Launcher|
|23 & 24||Internatioal Space Station|
|25 & 26||Mission MARS 2020|
|27||Wonders of the Ringed Planet|
|29||Do aliens exist ?|
|30 & 31||First flight to Space|
|33 & 34||Space Tourism|
|35||Mars Habitat Challenge (Phase 1)|
|36 & 37||Mars Habitat Challenge (Phase 2)|
|38, 39 & 40||Mars Habitat Challenge (Phase 3)|
To download the detailed Lil Champs course content for ages 6-8 years, click here!
AGE 9 TO 11 YEARS (YOUNG LEARNERS COURSE)
The Space Science and Technology Course initial phase begins with students exploring about the cosmos, solar system, planets, moons, and outer space objects. Students will be involved in learning the working of telescope, Satellite Communication and its Application, Science behind Rocket Launches and NASA’s famous Space Missions. Final stage of Space Science and Technology Course will include knowing the life of astronauts and how to get involved with NASA , Exploration and learning basic Rocket Science principles needed for colonizing Mars.
|1 & 2||Earth & Beyond|
|3 & 5||Revisiting Roblox & Lua Scripting|
|6 & 9||Our Solar System|
|10 & 11||The Moon: Always on the Move|
|12 & 14||Shadow & Eclipses|
|15||The Auroras: Fire in the Sky!|
|16 & 17||Space Rocks|
|19 & 20||Key to Space~ Rocket|
|21||Guidance Navigation and Control System|
|22 & 23||Payload Mass of the Rocket & Escape Tower|
|24 & 25||Staging in Rockets|
|26 & 27||Reaching into Space|
|28||Communication and Satellites|
|29||Magic of Telescopes|
|30 & 33||Life at the International Space StationI|
|34 & 36||Our Cosmic Neighbor Mars|
|37 & 40||Design a Mission Patch|
To download the detailed Young Learners content for ages 9-11 years, click here!
AGE 12 TO 15 YEARS (EARLY ACHIEVERS COURSE)
In the first phase of the Space Science and Technology Course, students learn about the cosmos, solar system, planets, moons, and outer space objects. In addition to learning about telescopes, satellite communication, and NASA’s famous space missions, students will also learn the science behind rocket launches. This final stage of the Space Science and Technology Course includes learning about astronauts’ lives, NASA, exploration, and basic rocket science principles necessary for colonizing Mars.
|1||Earth & Beyond Part|
|2||Introduction to Roblox and Lua Scritping|
|3 & 6||Our Solar System|
|7 & 8||Our Moon|
|9 & 10||Space Exploration Journey|
|11||Knowing about Rocket’s Structure & Propulsion System|
|12 & 13||Guidance Navigation and Control System|
|14||Payload and Launch Escape System|
|15 & 16||Staging Process in Rocket|
|17 & 19||Stages of Rocket Launch and Conquering Space|
|21 & 22||Space Objects|
|23 & 24||Satellite Image Analysis|
|25||Reaching Astronaut’s Home|
|26 -27||International Space Station|
|29||Apollo’s Mission to Moon|
|30 & 32||Apollo Spacecraft Module Research|
|33||Apollo’s Mission back to Earth|
|34 & 35||Reaching the Red Planet|
|36 & 37||Rovers on Mars|
|38 & 39||Colonizing Mars|
To download the detailed Early Achievers content for ages 12-15 years, click here!
Course Accessibility, Duration & Certificate
PurpleTutor has designed a 40 sessions Space Technology course for “LIL CHAMPS” whose age can be between 6 to 8. Each session is one hour long and for the initial 15 sessions, students learn about the cosmos, solar system, planets, moons, and outer space objects. The next 13 sessions involve in learning about the working of telescope, Satellite Communication and its Application, Science behind Rocket Launches and NASA’s famous Space Missions. Knowing the life of astronauts and how to get involved with NASA , Exploration and learning basic Rocket Science principles needed for colonizing Mars will be covered during the last 12 sessions.
Purple Tutor offers 40 sessions of the Space Tech Course for “YOUNG LEARNERS”, who fall under the age group of 9 to 11. During our course, students develop a deep understanding of the science behind Rocket launching, parts required to build a rocket, stages involved in Rocket Propulsion. At the end of 29 sessions, students will be able to design a 3D Rocket model, by writing Lua scripts. After completing this course, the student will have learned about some of SpaceX’s most ambitious and futuristic projects and will have constructed a number of 3D prototypes.
At the end of the 40 sessions of Space Science and Technology Course, students will be able to create a variety of projects depicting astronomical themes and building complex 3D models. The course completion certificate for Space Tech will be awarded to students at the end of the course.
Requirements for the Course
To take our Space Tech Course, students do not need to have any coding knowledge.
- There are no coding prerequisites since the Space Technology lessons will start with the very basics before moving on to the core concepts.
- It is necessary to have a laptop or computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection to take our Space science courses online.
- Check the system requirements here, to take the space technology courses for the age groups 9 and above
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I try a free class for Space Technology?
A: Yes. The first demo class is free of charge. You can book the free class from the booking link.
2. Is the Space Technology course schedule flexible?
A: The courses are flexible. You can select any time and any day that works around the student’s schedules.
3. How do I know whether Space Technology Course is right for any student?
A: The teachers assess the level of the student in the demo class based on which the course is suggested.
4. Will the student receive a certificate for the Space Technology Course?
A: Students get certificates after completion of each course. The certificate recognizes the skills the student learned and the level of mastery achieved.
What do you require to learn Space Technology from PurpleTutor?
A: You need a laptop/computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection.
5. What if my kid is new to Scratch programming?
A: Having a fair understanding of Scratch coding is necessary before signing up for our SpaceTech course. Students who are not familiar with Scratch are recommended to take 10 more sessions where they learn Scratch programming by creating animations and games.
6. What are the courses that Purple Tutor offers?
A: PurpleTutor provides Cutting edge courses to make the student’s future ready. We have courses like – Python, Web Development, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Courses, Space Technology, Cyber Security, & Roblox Games.