Computer Science Course List
Why Computer Science Courses are essential for students?
Computer Science is a constantly evolving field. The dynamic nature of the field continually creates a demand for competent computer science professionals. Increasingly, computers are used in all spheres of life and it is necessary to have stable, better, and more productive software. Therefore, most companies are always looking for professionals who can create innovative and better software systems to increase efficiency. In addition to working in the computer industry as technical administrators, computer science graduates can also work in research-led areas. It’s no surprise then that the Purple Tutor has developed a computer science course list that includes in-demand programs to help young learners develop the skills necessary to thrive in today’s digital age. In this article, we will take a closer look at the top courses available in the Computer Science course list, how they are conducted, and why it’s crucial for the younger generation to learn to code.
As the demand for computer science skills continues to grow, it’s essential for the younger generation to learn coding by choosing the best from the Computer Science Course list. This will benefit them not only in career opportunities but also in the valuable problem-solving and logical thinking skills that coding teaches. Without further ado, check out the article that outlines how you can make a gentle on-ramp into the world of coding by reviewing the details of the Computer Science course list.
What programs are included in the Computer Science Course list?
The popularity of online coding for students has grown in recent years. Technology and the internet have made it possible for students to learn to code from home. No matter where you live, online coding classes can provide your child with quality coding education.
Students between the ages of 6 and 15 can take online computer science related courses with Purple Tutor. A variety of CS courses can be found on our Computer Science Course list. This includes Scratch coding, Python, Artificial Intelligence, 2D and 3D animation, game design, Java Script, web development, space technology, and application development. Coding courses in the Computer Science Course list are designed to be engaging and interactive, allowing children to learn and develop their problem-solving skills as they learn.
The following groups of students can learn coding online with PurpleTutor, by selecting one of the programs in the Computer Science Course list:
Age 6 to 8 Years (Lil Champs Course)
- BASIC PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS – Understanding basic concepts of programming such as commands, sequencing, algorithm, and code through unplugged activities and puzzles.
- ADVANCED PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS – Exploration of advanced concepts of programming and how to use them in building personalized projects for visual storytelling and games.
- BASIC ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT- Knowing the basics of UI/UX design and developing simple apps, using the Thunkable interface.
- ADVANCE ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT – Experimenting with the creation of advanced apps such as game apps, quiz apps, etc.
- SCRATCH AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE – Experiencing Scratch programming interface using a movie-making project and a game project. Students are then introduced to the basics of Artificial intelligence and learn how to use the machine learning models to create projects in the Scratch platform.
- SPACE TECHNOLOGY: Our computer science online course on Space Technology will help you unravel the mysteries of space by building fascinating games and prototypes based on the concepts of space.
Age 9 to 11 Years (Young Learners Course)
- BASIC PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS – Developing an understanding of programming concepts such as commands, sequencing, algorithms, and code through unplugged activities.
- ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT – Designing UI/UX for simple Android apps using Thunkable.
- ADVANCED ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT – As a part of CS Courses students can experiment with the creation of advanced apps such as game apps, quiz apps, etc.
- SCRATCH AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE – Experiencing Scratch programming interface using a movie-making project and a game project. Students are then introduced to the basics of Artificial intelligence and learn how to use the machine learning models to create projects in the Scratch platform
- INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON PROGRAMMING – Learning Python programming using blocks and gradually shifting to text-based programming. Creating drawings and games using Python Turtle Commands
- SPACE TECHNOLOGY – There are also computer science related courses that focus on Space Technology, where students can design and build fascinating games and prototype models based on Space concepts.
- WEB DEVELOPMENT AND CYBER SECURITY – Creating their own website using HTML commands and styling it using CSS. Exploration of the safe techniques to be followed while working on the internet .
- INTRODUCTION TO DATA SCIENCE – Learn how to run basic math operations to analyze data and represent it using different types of charts and infographics. With Python Pandas library commands students will learn to create tables, insert data in them and print them.
Age 12 to 15 Years (Early Achievers Course)
- INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON PROGRAMMING – Learning Python programming using blocks and gradually shifting to text-based programming. Creating drawings and games using Python Turtle Commands.
- ADVANCED PYTHON PROGRAMMING – Exploration of advanced Python concepts such as data types, type casting, and basic data structures like tuples, lists, and dictionaries.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE – Practical experience in the making of voice, image, and text recognition projects using teachable machines and Scratch using Artificial Intelligence. Opportunity to create various image and video manipulation projects using the CV2 library of Python.
- ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT – Designing UI/UX for simple Android apps using Thunkable. Experimenting with the creation of advanced apps such as game apps, quiz apps, etc.
- WEB DEVELOPMENT – Creating their own website using HTML commands and styling it using CSS.
- DATA SCIENCE – PYTHON – Learning to use Python Panda library commands to create dataframes and CSV File handling techniques. Representation of the data using Python Matplotlib library.
- SPACE TECHNOLOGY – Building 3D models and simulations of the functionalities, based on the concepts of space and the technology that is used for it. Exposure to Tech-driven projects in 3D.
Age 15+ Years (Young Professionals Course)
- PYTHON BASICS – Understanding of basic data types, conditionals, loops, typecasting, basic data types, functions, and variables.
- PYTHON DATA STRUCTURES – Exploration of advanced data structures of Python namely lists, dictionaries, tuples, strings, stacks, and queues. Learning to code how to manipulate data in these data structures using python functions. The course ends with a thorough conceptual understanding of searching and sorting algorithms
- DATA SCIENCE FUNDAMENTALS WITH PYTHON – Learning how to use the math, random, and statistics Python libraries that are used in Data Science. Understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and their applications.
- DATA SCIENCE WITH PYTHON – Knowing statistics module functions on data. Learning how to organize and manipulate data using NumPy. Representing data in graph using Mathplotlib
- INTRODUCTION TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING – Exploration of the applications, limitations, biases, ethics, and future of AI. Understanding the basic AI terms such as supervised learning, unsupervised learning, deep learning and neural networks.
Benefits of pursuing Computer Science Courses
Demand for computer science professionals continues to rise, leading to mouth-watering financial benefits. Also, if you have high entrepreneurial spirits and are a computer science expert, you can start your own business. For one, computer science, technology, and engineering fields have created fascinatingly impressive improvements in various industries.
There are numerous reasons why one should consider picking up one of the CS courses from the Purple Tutor’s Computer Science Course list. Here are some of the most compelling reasons:
- High Demand in the Job Market: Many of the programs in the Computer Science Course list are in high demand in the job market. Learning these skills can significantly enhance your employability and open up new job opportunities.
- Competitive Advantage: Having expertise in programming languages, web development, data science, or cybersecurity can give you a competitive advantage in the job market. Employers are always looking for candidates with specialized skills and knowledge to contribute to their organization.
- Flexibility: The Computer Science related Courses offered by Purple Tutor are entirely online, making them highly flexible. You can learn at your own pace and schedule your study time around your other commitments.
- Practical Skills: The programs included in the Computer Science Course list are designed to provide practical skills that you can use in your everyday life. Whether it’s building a website, creating a mobile app, or analyzing data, you can apply these skills to various aspects of your personal and professional life.
- Future-Proofing: As technology continues to advance rapidly, learning computer science skills can future-proof your career. These skills are likely to remain in high demand for years to come, making them a worthwhile investment in your professional development.
In conclusion, pursuing a program from the Purple Tutor’s Computer Science Course list can offer you numerous benefits, including enhanced employability, competitive advantage, practical skills, flexibility, and future-proofing. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced learner, there’s something for everyone on the Computer Science Course list.
Course Content, Duration, and Certificate
We offer the best coding classes for students with a world-class curriculum designed by industry experts.
Please click on each course’s name to view its detailed course content. Each one of the CS courses will consist of a number of one-hour sessions. After completing each computer science online course, students will receive a certificate.
Ages 6-8 years(Little Champs Course)
|SL. No.||Course Name||Duration(hrs)|
|1,2||BASIC PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS + ADVANCED PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS||30 (10+20)|
|3, 4||BASIC ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT + ADVANCE ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT||20 (10+10)|
|5||SCRATCH AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE||30|
Age 9-11 years (Young Learners Course)
|SL. No.||Course Name||Duration(hrs)|
|1||BASIC PROGRAMMING CONCEPTS||10|
|2||2D ANIMATION AND GAME DESIGN||20|
|3,4||ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT + ADVANCED ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT||20 (10+10)|
|5||SCRATCH AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE||50|
|6||INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON PROGRAMMING||20|
|7||ADVANCE PYTHON PROGRAMMING||30|
|8||3D ANIMATION AND GAME DESIGN||40|
|10||WEB DEVELOPMENT AND CYBER SECURITY||40|
|11||INTRODUCTION TO DATA SCIENCE||30|
Ages 12-15 years (Early Achievers Course)
|SL. No.||Course Name||Duration(hrs)|
|2||INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON PROGRAMMING||20|
|3||ADVANCED PYTHON PROGRAMMING||30|
|5||ANDROID APP DEVELOPMENT||25|
|7||3D ANIMATION AND GAME DESIGN||40|
|8||DATA SCIENCE – PYTHON||45|
Ages 15+ years (Young Professionals Course)
|SL. No.||Course Name||Duration(hrs)|
|2||PYTHON DATA STRUCTURES||40|
|3||DATA SCIENCE FUNDAMENTALS WITH PYTHON + DATA SCIENCE WITH PYTHON||45 (20 + 25)|
|4||INTRODUCTION TO ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING||14|
- For the majority of the CS courses for students, there are no coding pre-requisites needed, since the computer science related courses will start with the very basics before moving on to the core concepts.
- It is necessary to have a laptop or computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection to take any of our computer science online courses for students.
- To take any of the Data Science coding courses, the student needs to have knowledge of core Python programming concepts.
- For the 3D Animation and Game Design course and the Space Tech course for the Age group 12-15 years, please go through Roblox hardware and OS requirements as mentioned here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is there a free demo class?
A: Yes. We give one free demo class, which can be booked from the booking link. We encourage you to take the class and assess the experience.
2. Can I select my schedule for the classes?
A: Yes. We have flexible days and times. You can select any time and any day that suits your timetable.
3. How do I know if a student can follow the coding course easily?
A: The teachers assess the level of the student in the demo class and then will suggest whether to go ahead with the online coding courses.
4. Is there any certificate given on completion of the online coding course?
A: The student will get a certificate after completion of the coding course.
5. What do you require for learning coding from PurpleTutor?
A: It is necessary to have a laptop or computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection. For all the courses, there are no coding prerequisites required except for the Data Science coding courses. For these, the student needs to know core Python programming concepts.
For the 3D Animation and Game Design course and the Space Tech coding courses for the Age group 12-15 years. Please go through Roblox hardware and OS requirements as mentioned here.
6. Do you have assessments during the coding course?
A. Yes, we assess the student periodically during the progress of the coding classes and give feedback on the student’s performance.
7. What are the courses that PurpleTutor offers?
A: PurpleTutor provides Cutting edge courses to make the student’s future ready. We have courses like – Python, Web Development, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Courses, Cyber Security, Roblox Games & many more on offer. Please visit our courses section for more information or talk to a counsellor. We encourage you to book a complimentary class with us, enjoy & assess the in-class experience. One can also discuss courses with our teachers in-person too during the class too.