Students will start building a website at the start of the web design course, on a topic of their choice. Students can choose to create their website about a favorite hobby, a cause they believe in, or any other topic of their interest. This website will grow as the course progresses, with students adding pages to it and applying the concepts that they learn. At the course’s end, the website will be ready to be hosted and used.
- HTML (HyperText Markup Language): the structure and content of a website
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): the presentation and styling of a website
- Graphic design: creating and working with visual elements for a website
- User Experience (UX) design: the process of coding for web design and designing a website for a specific purpose.
- Web design principles: creating visually appealing and effective websites
- Project management: Learning to plan, design, and develop a website.
- Cyber security: Learning about cyber crimes and how to stay safe in cyberspace.
- Responsive web design – Creation of websites that adapt to different devices, by providing optimum viewing and usage on different screens.
Name of the course – Web Development and Cyber Security for Young Learners (YL)
Required age of student – 9-11 years
While doing this course online, students explore different websites to understand the elements and design of the websites. They create their personal websites from scratch using HTML commands and style the web pages using CSS. Students learn how to make their pages interesting and attractive, by adding animation, audio, and videos. During the cyber security module, the students will explore the safe techniques to be followed while working on the internet.
You can explore the content for the YL Web Development and Cyber Security course for Ages 9-11 years, here –
|WEB DEVELOPMENT AND CYBER SECURITY
|Introduction to HTML
|Common Tags in HTML
|Div Tag and Creating ID & Classes
|5 & 6
|CSS: Working with text
|7 & 8
|Links & CSS: Links
|9 & 10
|Adding & Styling Images
|12 & 13
|Working with Lists
|14 & 15
|Working with Tables
|16, 17 & 18
|Working with Forms
|20 & 21
|Creating a Web Gallery in HTML
|22 & 23
|Adding MultiMedia in HTML
|Adding Transformation to web elements
|Adding Transition to web elements
|26, 27 & 28
|Adding Animations to web pages
|Pagination & Footer in web pages
|My Online Neighbourhood
|Online Community and Social media life
|Private and Personal Information
|36 & 37
|Exploring Encryption & Decryption
|Phishing for Scams
|Internet and Cybersecurity Dilemmas
To download the detailed YL Web Development and Cyber Security course content for Ages 9-11 years, click here!
Name of the course – Web Development for Early Achievers (EA)
Required age of student – 12-15 years
You can explore the content for the Web Development for Early Achievers (EA) (Ages 12-15 years) course here –
|Introduction to CSS, Basic HTML tags
|CSS Selectors, Hyperlinks
|CSS font properties
|div and the CSS Box Model
|Lists and Hyperlinks
|CSS – Transformations
|CSS – 3D Transformations and Transitions
|CSS Transition with Transform
|17 & 18
|CSS – Text Animation
|22 & 23
|The Flexbox Layout Module
|Flexing the IPL website and some more CSS Selectors
|Responsive Web Design – RWD
|26 & 27
|RWD Media Queries
|28 & 29
|32 & 33
|DOM Access and Modification
|34 & 35
|36 & 37
|38, 39 & 40
|Project Website Completion
To download the detailed Web Development for Early Achievers (EA) course content, for Ages 12-15 years, click Here!
Course Duration and Certificate
There will be a certificate awarded to the student on completion of the web design course. The certificate recognizes the skills the student learns and the level of mastery achieved.
Requirements for the course
- To take our web designing course online, students do not need to have any coding knowledge.
- There are no coding prerequisites since the web design course will start with the very basics before moving on to the core concepts.
- It is necessary to have a laptop or computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection to take our web designing course online.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do you offer a demo class for prospective students?
A: Yes. We offer one free demo class. You can book the free class from the booking link. We encourage you to take the class and assess the experience.
2. Can I choose my own days and times for the course?
A: Yes. The days and times of the web design course are flexible. You can select any time and any day that suits your child’s study timetable.
3. How do I know if learning web design is easy for my child?
A: The teachers assess the level of the student in the demo class and then will give the suggestion of whether to go ahead with the web designing course online.
4. Is there any certificate given after completion of the course?
A: Your child will get a certificate after completion of the course. The certificate recognizes the skills the student learns and the level of mastery achieved.
5. What do you require to learn coding from PurpleTutor?
A: It is necessary to have a laptop or computer with a webcam and a stable internet connection to take our web designing course online
6. What are the courses that PurpleTutor offers?